Insurance Certificate Coordinator
Louise Du Cray – firstname.lastname@example.org
(800) 789-7486 or (408) 263-9305, Extension 202
Office Hours: Mon-Thurs, 9 am – 4 pm (Pacific Time)
Read – Insurance Basics for Event Organizers
Ordering Insurance Certificates
- Carefully read and follow the instructions on the Insurance Certificate Ordering Instructions (revised Aug. 2021).
- Submit your request along with all fees to the Insurance Certificate Coordinator at least 6 weeks in advance of the event.
Insurance Basics for Event Organizers
- Note: SCA insurance does not cover participants for injuries to their person or damages to their personal property.
- Most site owners require evidence that the SCA, Inc. has liability insurance. Our “Evidence Only Certificate” is distributed each year to kingdom and local branch seneschals. For copies, contact your local seneschal or the Insurance Certificate Coordinator.
- An “Additional Insured” Certificate is sometimes requested by site owners. This specifically names the site/owner/managing organization as an Additionally Insured on the SCA, Inc.’s policy. Refer to the Ordering Instructions for the activation fee.
- Equestrian Insurance Certificates: for equestrian practices and events where horses are present for SCA activities,an Equestrian Insurance certificate must be ordered and kept on file. This insurance must also be ordered when horses and riders are representing the SCA in parades and at demos. Please contact the Insurance Certificate Coordinator for current Equestrian Insurance information. Refer to the Ordering Instructions for the activation fee.
- Golf Cart Policy: when an SCA group rents Golf Carts or Golf Carts are used for SCA activities, the insurance must be activated. Refer to the Ordering Instructions for the activation fee.
- Host Liquor Policy: the Site Owner contract will specify if this is required. Refer to the Ordering Instructions for the activation fee.